- 7 Cups Fresh Rhubarb, Sliced Diagonally
- 8 Oz. Can Crushed Pineapple
- 1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Cornstarch
- 2 Tsp. Fresh Lemon Zest
- 2/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Crystallized Ginger, Chopped
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Cubed & Chilled
1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2.Drain pineapple and combine with rhubarb and brown sugar. Let stand 1 hour; drain mixture, reserving juices and adding enough additional water to make 2/3 cups.
3.Combine juices and cornstarch in a small pan and cook over medium heat until thickened. Remove from heat and combine with rhubarb-pineapple mixture. Add lemon peel and place in a 2-Quart baking dish.
4.In another bowl, combine topping ingredients. Using a pastry blender to cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over top of fruit mixture. Bake in a 350°F oven about one hour or until light brown and bubbly.
5.Best served warm with vanilla ice cream or cold with Greek vanilla yogurt. Cook's
Tip: 1.If using frozen rhubarb, measure rhubarb while still frozen, then thaw completely. Drain in a colander, but do not press liquid out.