- Parmesan cheese
- 4 sheets of pasta to cover your dish
- In your casserole dish ladle a little of the ragu.
- In plenty of boiling salted water, cook your pasta until a bit further than al dente. Cook only 1 -2 sheets at a time (otherwise they will stick & it will be a mess)
- Lay down the sheet of pasta in your dish, ok if it comes up over the edge of the dish (that will make for the good crunch bits!)
- Add a ladle of ragu - cover completely but don’t over do it - less is more.
- Dot bechamel.
- Now a generous sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat these steps ending with sauce on the top layer of the pasta
- Bake at 375°F / 190°C oven for 15-20 minutes until the top is brown & bubbly!