Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup sake or rice wine
- 3/4 cup shiro miso (sweet white miso paste)
- 1/2 cup mirin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) black cod fillets
- 3 medium bok choy, quartered
- Steamed brown rice
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the mirin and sake to a boil. Turn off heat and stir in miso until dissolved. Return to low heat, add sugar and stir until dissolved. Turn off heat and let cool completely.
2. Place the fish and bok choy in a non-reactive baking dish. Cover with the cooled marinade and place in refrigerator overnight.
3. Preheat the broiler.
4. Prepare brown rice.
5. Remove the fish and bok choy from the marinade and place on a broil pan. Blot the miso from the fillets with a paper towel. Broil 6 to 10 minutes until lightly browned and the fish is opaque in the center.
6. Place the fillets and bok choy over brown rice and serve.